There usually comes a time in every homeowner’s life when one or more windows need to be replaced. Whether it is due to normal aging, storm damage (hail is big in the Colorado Springs area), or the neighbor boy’s curve ball, selecting the right replacement windows is key to retaining your home’s value and appearance.
Replacement Windows Considerations
To help you make the decision as to which replacement windows are the best for you, our skillful and professional Home Improvement Experts here at Seamless Choice have created a list of factors to consider. They include:
- Energy Efficiency. The great thing about energy efficient windows is that they can save you a lot of money (over $1,000 a year) on both your heating and cooling expenses. They do this by keeping the weather out, while also lowering your peak heating and cooling loads at the same time. Look for windows with the ENERGY STAR emblem, paying special attention to the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) label. This can help you compare window types, making it easier to see which ones offer the greatest amount of energy efficiency for your dollar.
- Comfort. If you spend a lot of time sitting next to your windows, choosing the right ones can mean the difference between being comfortable or feeling too hot or cold due to the incoming draft or sunlight. Wood, fiberglass, and vinyl window frames are great options to consider because they tend to be more insulated, thus keeping the weather out. Additionally, low U-factor windows are greatest at providing winter comfort whereas low solar heat gain coefficients work best for warm summer months.
- Moisture Control. Some windows can build up condensation, making it difficult to see outside, let alone the moisture issues it can present to the inside of your home. To prevent or limit condensation, choose windows with warm edge technology and insulating frames. Vinyl windows are also good at preventing moisture, as are windows with wood and wood composite frames.
- Fading Issues. The right windows can help keep the sun’s UV rays from fading the contents inside of your home, such as your flooring and furniture. Our knowledgeable and informative staff can point out which UV absorbent replacement windows are the best at preserving your home’s interior if this issue is important to you.
- Durability. Window replacement can be expensive, so you will want to choose the most durable windows you can get within your price range. Fiberglass window frames are among the strongest, making these great choices when considering this very important windows replacement factor.
Superior Quality, Service, and Workmanship
Seamless Choice Siding & Roofing strives to provide you with superior quality, service, and workmanship when it comes to replacing the windows on your Colorado Springs home. In addition, we are proud to provide only the best materials, most that are made in the USA.
Call us today at (719) 445-7888 to schedule your free consultation with one of our trusted and knowledgeable Home Improvement Experts. We can help you select the replacement windows that will make your home complete!
Seamless Choice offers a wide variety of replacement windows options, from bay and bow windows to casement or awning windows, from a number of top brands like Simonton Windows, Champion Windows, Pella Windows, Jeld-Wen, and Marvin Windows.